One of our company values is "simplicity". So here's the skinny:
For you to get the most out of your Bidvine experience:
- Invest in a great profile: treat your profile like your CV or your swanky outfit that you put on for a first date. Potential customers will judge you by your profile on Bidvine. Invest the time in making it great. Fill out all the optional sections. If you're not sure what to put, ask us. If you want some help, ask us. If you need better photos for your business, ask us. If you think you're done, but want a second opinion, ask us. We want you to have a great experience, and your profile is the best place to start.
- We want you to be in good company: we check all new service profiles before they go live. We confirm as much about user identity and other business details as we can. We also make sure that the service you offer is not one of the services we don't support. You can see that list here: [services we don't support.] This process means that initially there may be a delay between the time that you create your profile and when it goes live. We think this delay is worth it to ensure a measure of quality for you and the other professionals on Bidvine.
- Pay to bid: you only pay to send a bid to a customer. You can view as many requests as you want and keep your profile live without cost. When you want to "accept" a lead you purchase Bidvine credits and pay to send the bid and personal message.
- Not all services are created equal: the number of Bidvine credits required to send a bid varies between 3 and 10 credits. We base this difference on what makes sense for that particular service. For example, to provide a bid on a pet photography project it could be as low as 3 credits, whereas managing a home construction project could be as much as 10.
- Limited bids per request: we cap the number of bids that can be submitted to a customer request at most 7 (it varies depending on the service). It's also the first to bid - we don't get involved at all in deciding which ones go through. It's the first bids because we want to make sure the customer gets a timely response. Limiting the bids creates a balance of choice to the customer and limits competition for the job for you - the professional.
- We make intros: once your bid and message go through to the requester, they choose who to contact for further information and to negotiate the job. We don't get involved at all in this process. Our platform simply provides the means for this introduction to occur and to facilitate communication. You contact with the person directly and take payment directly.
Let us know if you have any suggestions, ideas, feedback or questions.